Has shared values, services, and experiences to build a safer network within our communities.
• To work with local communities to provide safe spaces for young people if or when they are in need.
• Reduce local crime.
• Provide safe spaces in communities.
• Higher survival rate of stab victims due to local training.
• Educational support.
• Increasing aspirations and life choices.
• Advocating and sign posting.
The SafeZones initiative was founded by two members of the local community who felt the emotional impact of youth violence within communities. They saw the vision to bridge the gap between young people, families, statutory organisations and voluntary organisations.
Later in their journey, they partnered with Community Youth London and YMCA Trinity Group. Creating a wider network and stronger opportunities.